Job description: We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Designer. We are seeking an individual who is creative , experienced, enthusiastic, organized and self-motivated to work with our design team. This is a position with a lot of potential for growth at the company if you are passionate and driven to go above and beyond the job description. Creativity and the ability to consistently think outside of the box are musts for this position.
Job Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Assist Sr. designer in executing design concepts within the monthly collections
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the Sr. designer
- Bring thoughtful, brand-right, strategic ideas to concept
- Support seasonal development calendar in partnership with designer/buyers/technical designers/production
- Assist in sourcing fabrics and trims.
- Maintain an active role in the Design Meeting/Production meeting. Take notes and follow up on all outstanding issues.
- Manage in house sampling.
- Open and build tech packs with precise detailed information
- Manage development and execution of artwork packages.
- Attend fittings when needed
- Complete all production package to production.
- Study competitive landscape, shop retail, and interact with customers to understand industry trends
- 2+ years’ experience in the apparel industry
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or comparable program
- Proficiency in Web PLM, Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Sketch on a computer and by hand a monthly deliverable collection
- Knowledge in pattern and sewing construction
- Knowledge of the wash & dye process, embellishments & different fabrics
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to clearly communicate to overseas vendors.
- Ability to work extended workdays when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners in Merchandising, Production.
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
- Ability to multitask with a can-do and follow through attitude
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced ever-changing environment
All qualified candidates please send resumes to email@example.com