Evolve, grow & scale one of the most exciting and branded divisions, consisting of 3 ecommerce sites, of Topson Downs. The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable e-commerce operation, including site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion, and retention, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of website management. The role will actively collaborate with cross-functional partners in Retail, Merchandising, Planning, Marketing, IT, Distribution and Operations to optimize processes and provide insights that will drive sales across all channels of the company’s 3 ecommerce businesses. With full P&L accountability, the VP, Digital must have a business owner’s mindset, continuously seeking out initiatives that will increase sales and further the Company’s overall strategic direction. This position reports to one of the Principal/Partner of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and re-tool existing brand ecommerce teams into a more efficient and higher
performing digital unit. Teams are based both in Los Angeles & New York City.
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation, ongoing forecasting, and results
analysis. Oversee regular reporting of KPIs.
- Achieve sales and margin targets by implementing technical and non-technical strategies and
initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, retention, revenue, and profitability.
- Oversee digital marketing strategy for owned, earned, and paid channels (e.g., web, email,
affiliate, display, search). Plan and manage digital marketing budget, continuously evaluating
and improving return on investment. Use data analytics to track performance to goals and
benchmarks and identify opportunities for business development across segments of the
- Partner with Marketing and Content teams to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective
online campaigns, digital marketing, and social media strategies that drive traffic, increase
conversion, and expand sales both online and in-store.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with Design, Wholesale, Content, Merchandising, and Operations teams to ensure brand and messaging alignment.
- Execute the company’s CRM strategy on digital platforms, leveraging data to drive sales and
improve the online customer experience.
- Drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added,
personal, and engaging customer experience.
- Oversee and work to continuously improve customer-focused services, including call-center, live chat, inventory management, order fulfillment, and distribution. Ensure customer service team delivers a quality service experience consistent with the high standards set in existing retail locations.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Planning to execute all online merchandising strategies. Ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in the areas of
navigation, internal search, product set-up, and activation.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the website, including trouble shooting any errors,
responsive redesigns, and enhancements.
- Interface with the IT department and external product developers on all system-related projects and challenges. Identify and plan for short and long term technical upgrades.
- Actively manage vendor relationships – sourcing new technology, negotiating pricing, setting
strategy for vendors, and regularly monitoring performance.
- Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, and explore new and
effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Ensure overall financial targets and individual goals are set for all team members; review and
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Experience building from scratch, strategic and financial plans and executing against them.
- Able to think strategically while knowing and understanding details; hands-on leader with a
sense of urgency.
- Track record of increasing traffic, conversion, and sales on an ecommerce platform.
- Thorough understanding of retail fundamentals – operations/fulfillment, customer service,
sales, merchandising, etc.
- Thorough technical understanding of performance marketing and social media marketing.
- Experience building and executing tactical marketing plans to drive online traffic and revenue
(email, paid search, social, affiliate)
- Data-driven; clear understanding of retail and marketing metrics; commitment to increasing
profit and ROI.
- Successful in building and maintaining working relationships with advertising and
- Experience planning and implementing ecommerce platforms.
- Up-to-date knowledge of ecommerce and performance marketing partners/products in market.
- Understanding of broader digital marketing tools and opportunities, experience building and
executing a digital marketing strategy for an ecommerce company preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of ecommerce platform structure, security and performance;
experience working with developers to improve UX and optimize for search.
- Successful working cross-functionally; able to communicate complex concepts clearly, learn
from others and influence when necessary.
- Experienced manager with successful record of developing people and building teams.
- Adaptable to change and receptive to feedback and suggestions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable retail experience. MBA preferred.
- 8-10+ years of strategic e-commerce management experience required, preferably within an
omni-channel apparel or specialty retailer; 3+ years of Director level or above experience
Qualified Applicants please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org