The Senior Accountant’s primary focus is to ensure complete and accurate accounting records for all the major Balance Sheet accounts and Operating Expenses for a dynamic, multi-entity company with a large wholesale and growing ecommerce presence. Based in Culver City, this person will work synonymously with the General Accounting team to ensure that all financial information and schedules are accurate and prepared timely to support the continued growth of the Company. This position reports to the General Accounting Manager of Topson Downs but will also work closely with the CFO, Controller and FP&A team as a partner.
About Topson Downs:
Established in 1971, Topson Downs (www.topsondowns.com) has evolved into an industry leader both in the branded and private label segments of the garment business, with more than 350 associates based in Los Angeles, New York, and throughout Asia. Be it denim jeans, high-fashion tops and dresses for juniors and young women, or ground-breaking streetwear for men, we are committed to creating and producing quality garments while being socially and ethically responsible. Through our global sourcing base, we are currently producing over 50 million units per year for many of the leading retailers in all tiers of the market, with our factories being closely supervised by our Global Quality Assurance and Social Compliance teams.
- Assist in month-end close efforts by preparing account reconciliations and supporting schedules, and work with the Finance team to investigate and document variances to Budget and Forecast.
- Serve as primary liaison and owner of all reconciliations surrounding the Company’s factor and work closely with the AR team to ensure proper recording of transactions on a timely basis.
- Prepare analyses and journal entries for nonrecurring transactions.
- Become the subject matter expert in analyzing and recording sales activity and working with the Billing team to ensure that physical shipped transactions are recorded to the correct period.
- Prepare regular financial account variance analyses which will become the foundation for monthly analytics and narratives to the Company’s ownership.
- Oversee the intercompany and intracompany transactions and reconciliations for the Company, ensuring proper recognition of revenue and expenses to the correct legal entity.
- Ensure proper recording and timely capitalization of all CIP projects and manage fixed assets schedules.
- Prepare and maintain amortization schedules for prepaid and deferred expenses, and accrual schedules for recurring charges
- Enhance procedures surrounding the month-end close process, working closely with the General Accounting Manager in providing and implementing recommendations surrounding the month-end close.
- Prepare reports and analysis of financial data as requested by the corporate team.
- Ensure that all tasks and projects are being completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Partner with the General Accounting Manager to develop and improve accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Engage and partner with other finance team members as well as other departments as needed to resolve accounting questions and issues quickly
- Support external auditors and other vendor requests for information.
- Prepare and file property tax, sales tax, and other regulatory filings for the Company.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in General Accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP required, CPA certification preferred
- Capability to exercise initiative and fast decision-making while being able to react with professionalism under a variety of circumstances
- Experience working with multiple business units within a company preferred
- Experience with ecommerce or startup businesses a plus
- Exposure to a variety of financial systems, especially Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Office and Excel in particular
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills and be able to work with personnel of varying technical skill levels
- Organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Qualified applicants please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org