Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for operating as the primary interface between our warehouse employees and the IT department. This position will provide support to end-users on a variety of issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. Contact with customers will be through telephone calls, email and in-person requests for technical support. Will be responsible for documenting, tracking, communicating, and monitoring problems and requests to ensure a timely resolution. A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Windows environment tracking and responding to a high-volume of requests is preferred.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of the Desktop Support Technician.
- Ensuring the effective utilization of technology, process, and systems to provide the highest quality of service
- Providing first-line support and responding to requests received via phone, voicemail, e-mail, or in-person; daily support of Windows environment
- Providing single-point-of-contact for user community with special attention to prompt resolution of problems that can be handled by desktop support staff; analyze calls and coordinate with correct support team for resolution of issues outside desktop support
- Interfacing with Internal departments and acting as liaison during problem resolution
- Following up with clients upon notification of problem resolution to ensure the situation has been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Capable of software repair, upgrading, loading single-user operating systems, troubleshooting, maintenance and diagnostics
- Providing hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile device) maintenance and problem resolution
- Setting up, modifying, and terminating user accounts in Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365.
- Assisting with New Hire/New Application training as requested
- Performs analysis of problems, root-cause, and all processes that effect the customer service organization
- Resolves most client problems without escalation to 2nd level support
- Special projects as required
- Minimum of 3 years of successful hands-on Windows, Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365 support experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Manhattan SCALE, Zebra barcode label printers, ShoreTel IP phone systems, Desktop Central, and Xerox MFPs is a plus
- Strong software and hardware diagnostic skills to solve problems
- Experience with trouble ticket systems; strong documentation skills
- Ability to differentiate between hardware, software and server issues
- Working knowledge and understanding of Windows operating environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of Network protocols
- Solid Windows skills to help production users solve their problems while working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and complete necessary tasks and troubleshoot PC and Mac platforms
- Demonstrated ability to document work completed and work in-progress
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical clients
- Excellent organization and time management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Office products to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier and Bridge a plus
- Ability to establish and work multiple priorities
- A proven ability to quickly grasp new concepts or procedures; proven ability to drill into all manner of issues and escalate when necessary
May be required to be on-call and/or work some nights or weekends. Travel to remote facilities in Southern California may be required.
Qualified applicants please submit resumes to email@example.com