About Rachel Roy:
The Rachel Roy brand debuted in 2004 and for over a decade has been inspiring women to lead individual and limitless lives through courage, conviction and change.
The Rachel Roy brand includes the Rachel Roy Contemporary, Curvy & Dresses RTW collections, Swim, Outerwear, and Jewelry collections. Designed in Rachel’s studio in the heart of New York City, the collections capture the spirit of individuality and reflection of the ever-changing world.
Reimagined & re-launched in early 2016, RachelRoy.com is a digital flagship that presents an immersive and interactive ecommerce experience that brings together superior product and engaging content to create a vibrant community.
Philanthropy is at the heart of the Rachel Roy brand and through Rachel’s Kindness Is Always Fashionable initiative, artisans in developing countries can showcase their work and depend on sustainable employment that helps improve their lives and the lives of others.
The Senior Manager of Technical Design will be responsible for overseeing a team to ensure the products are accurately developed and executed from design concept to fit approval.
· Manage and mentor 7-8 direct reports
· Train, lead and supervise a team of Technical Designers. Manage TDs vacation time and time off
· Prioritize and distribute workload between reporting TDs
· Manage deadlines and workload according to company calendar to ensure timely fit approvals
· Conduct or supervise all fittings to ensure consistency of fit, style direction and measurements
· Establish and maintain company’s grading
· Create and maintain tech packages throughout fit process. Drape or create pattern; provide technical sketching; issue initial revised & final specs and construction instructions; comment on proto, fit & PP samples
· Attend and if needed lead required sales or design meetings; post market; seasonal reviews; comparison fittings
· Daily communication with over overseas factories to discuss issues
· Manage assigned areas with product ownership
· Lead the team to achieve the department/company goals
· Review and ensure the deadlines on the production calendar are deliverable
· Ensure design/fit intent/fit corrections are correctly documented and communicated to the vendors
· Ensure block patterns/spec standards are established within product category to maintain brand integrity and size/fit consistency. Ability to approve block patterns based on standard expectations and grade rules
· Assess team members’ effectiveness in fittings and provide guidance for improved performance
· Create action plans at all levels for growth and development; address performance concerns
· Ability to identify and proactively engage business partners when issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions
· Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
· Minimum Education - AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing, or Design
· 10+ year’s technical related experience (0-3 years’ experience in a management role)
· Expertise in pattern making including grading, construction, and fit for multiple/complex products
· Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods/process
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
· Capable of handling multiple tasks and work with a keen sense of urgency
· Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
· Strong computer skills required (i.e. Momentis PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex, MS Outlook/Office)
Qualified applicants please submit resumes to email@example.com