About Rachel Roy:
The Rachel Roy brand debuted in 2004 and for over a decade has been inspiring women to lead individual and limitless lives through courage, conviction and change.
The Rachel Roy brand includes the Rachel Roy Contemporary, Curvy & Dresses RTW collections, Swim, Outerwear, and Jewelry collections. Designed in Rachel’s studio in the heart of New York City, the collections capture the spirit of individuality and reflection of the ever-changing world.
Reimagined & re-launched in early 2016, RachelRoy.com is a digital flagship that presents an immersive and interactive ecommerce experience that brings together superior product and engaging content to create a vibrant community.
Philanthropy is at the heart of the Rachel Roy brand and through Rachel’s Kindness Is Always Fashionable initiative, artisans in developing countries can showcase their work and depend on sustainable employment that helps improve their lives and the lives of others.
- Collaborates with Senior Designer on seasonal direction of knit line, fabric and yarn development, as well as graphic research.
- Creates design boards reflecting concept research and ideas for upcoming seasons, including detailed flat sketches and understanding of overarching themes running throughout the line.
- Maintains knowledge of the line (cut and sew knits and sweater silhouettes, fabrications, trims), keeping information on line sheets up to date, and tracks styles from proto stage through pre-production.
- Prepares line sheets and hand off sheets for Product Development hand off.
- Helps to set up meeting areas for design review and style out meetings making sure all samples are steamed and organized.
- Responsible for communicating all fit and design changes from design reviews and fittings to cross functional teams.
- Creates drapes, and constructs layouts for any embellishments, graphics or stitch placements/layouts for own designs to send to factories.
- Strong communicator with cross functional teams to develop plans to keep sample delivery on time and costs hitting targets.
- Checks in all knit and sweater samples as they arrive from factory at proto and sales sample stage.
- Maintains design archives and yarn library.
- Handles general administrative and organizational aspects for the entire design team such as ordering supplies and organizing celebrations.
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop skills.
- BA/BS degree in Design or related field.
- Internships in related field.
- Strong sketching/illustrator ability. Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.