Accountable for managing the integrity of inventory across multiple physical locations and within the Company’s ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX, or “AX”), and for reporting inventory results to senior management. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, and other regulatory requirements. Provides leadership, guidance, direction and training to in-house and 3rd party Inventory Control staff. May also serve as Super User for the AX system and/or other warehouse management systems (WMS) supporting Inventory Control, shipping and receiving controls in some locations. The position is based in our Chino warehouse facility but reports to the Corporate Controller and will be expected to travel periodically to the Company’s offices in Culver City.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees and manages the Inventory Control function to ensure the highest physical security and systematic integrity of the Company’s inventory. The Inventory Control Manager will ensure that a comprehensive procedural and internal control framework exists and that all procedures and processes are followed and completed in a timely manner by both company and 3rd party personnel, in all locations, in accordance with company policy, audit, compliance and other regulatory requirements.
· Serves as the primary contact between 3rd party and in-house Inventory Control team and centralizes communication across operations, finance and executive management.
· Performs inventory reconciliation between perpetual and general ledger for all managed and 3rd party distribution locations.
· Generates inventory reporting to include critical analyses on inventory movement in areas such as returns, shrinkage, customer inventory by type, and aged inventory.
· Provides analysis of inventory discrepancies between warehouse management and AX systems as guidance for technical teams to address any interface issues on a timely basis.
· Creates, implements and updates Inventory Standard Operating Procedures (ISOPs) and monitors compliance with published standards across related internal and external teams.
· Merges ISOPs with vendor/customer compliance as applicable to the Company’s operations and continuing/emerging businesses.
· Makes recommendations on improving inventory accuracy through careful consideration of warehousing best practices and collaboration with Accounting, Operations and Executive Management.
· Oversees daily cycle counts, audits and reconciliation of activities between systems in accordance with Company policy and resolves high-value/volume discrepancies through the establishment and enforcement of investigative procedures performed by the Inventory Control team.
· Utilizes superior communication skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and external partners.
· In partnership with IT team, identifies and resolves operational and systemic issues and recommends enhancements to improve utilization of AX and warehouse system functionality across internal and external warehouses.
· Addresses observed employee performance concerns promptly with warehouse and finance leadership.
· Keeps up-to-date on emerging technologies and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
· Provides ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain or related discipline preferred
· Minimum five years related experience (wholesale, ecommerce fulfillment experience highly desired)
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Inventory Accounting specifically
· Prior apparel industry experience preferred
· Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required
Certifications and Licenses
· Valid state issued Driver's License
· Other professional certifications may be required
Languages and Communication Skills
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds, with fluency in Spanish a plus
· Prior experience with crafting management reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers on a timely basis
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, and other job-specific software applications including Access or similar database software
· Minimum five years’ experience in ERP environment (Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred), including administering user proficiency and training, troubleshooting and resolution with programmers
· Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience using systems for inventory management, reconciliation, performance measurement and reporting
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of warehouse operations and best practices
· In-depth experience in inventory control, cycle counting and quality assurance (Lean, Six Sigma and ISO)
· Advanced skill in creating Excel spreadsheets for analysis, including the use of pivot tables, v-lookup, and formulas for calculating results and reporting variances
· High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to analyze complex transactional processes
· Proficient in the use of analytical techniques such as statistical probability distribution, correlation, data sampling and relating sets of numbers
· Ability to develop and document processes, procedures, and write policies
· Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills
· Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
· Develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others' efforts
· Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization
· Demonstrated ability to use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals
Qualified candidates please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org