Job Purpose :
The Senior Accountant will act as the primary accounting liaison between the Rachel Roy team in New York and the Topson Downs headquarters in Culver City, CA. Based in Culver City, this person will ensure that all financial information and reporting is accurate and timely and will work synonymously with the Topson Downs team to develop the financial foundation to support the growth of this dynamic company. This position reports to the Accounting Manager of Topson Downs but will also work closely with the CFO, Controller and Finance Manager as a partner.
About Rachel Roy:
Rachel Roy is the founder of her eponymous brand and a tireless activist for using your voice to encourage change and design the life you want to live. The Rachel Roy brand debuted in 2004 and for over a decade has been inspiring women to lead individual and limitless lives through courage, conviction and change. In 2014, Rachel Roy joined forces with Topson Downs to create a fashion power house, and together launched the Rachel Roy ecommerce business in March 2016, with new categories including jewelry, swimwear and home products which have launched since its inception.
About Topson Downs:
Established in 1971, Topson Downs (www.topsondowns.com) has evolved into an industry leader both in the branded and private label segments of the garment business, with more than 350 associates based in Los Angeles, New York, and throughout Asia. Be it denim jeans, high-fashion tops and dresses for juniors and young women, or ground-breaking streetwear for men, we are committed to creating and producing quality garments while being socially and ethically responsible. Through our global sourcing base, we are currently producing over 50 million units per year for many of the leading retailers in all tiers of the market, with our factories being closely supervised by our Global Quality Assurance and Social Compliance teams.
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and supporting schedules for the Rachel Roy entities and work with the Topson Downs team to investigate and document variances to Budget.
- Become the subject matter expert in analyzing or recording activity across all Rachel Roy entities.
- Create monthly internal management reporting using a variety of system data across both the general ledger and BI tools utilized by the company.
- Work with the Rachel Roy team and 3PL personnel to ensure that inventory movements and transactions are properly handled and accounted for.
- Ensure that all tasks and projects are being completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Prepare financial statements and the supporting schedules including the preparation of the monthly flux analysis.
- Support external auditors and other vendor requests for information.
- Review, develop and implement policies and procedures in order to ensure proper internal controls and streamlined processes are in place to maximize efficiencies.
- Coordinate resolution of accounting issues with other finance groups as well as other departments.
- Collaborate with the team on system implementations, testing and identifying process improvements.
- Prepare analysis and journal entries for nonrecurring transactions.
- Prepare reports and analysis of financial data as requested by the corporate team.
- Work with financial planning and analysis group to ensure that short and long term financial plans and forecasts properly reflect the impact of accounting policies and practices.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in General Accounting
- CPA certification preferred but not required
- Capability to exercise initiative and fast decision-making while being able to react with professionalism under a variety of circumstances
- Experience working with multiple business units within a company preferred
- Experience with ecommerce or startup businesses a plus
- Exposure to a variety of financial systems, especially Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Office particularly in Excel
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills and able to work with personnel of varying technical skill levels
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Qualified applicants please send resumes to email@example.com
No recruiters please.